5 ways to create the best fitness routine so you never have to 'start again!'
Hey Sweet Petiters!
I talk about consistency being the most important thing in achieving our goals a lot! And one thing that helps us stay consistent is ROUTINE!
Having a routine for our health and fitness is going to help us reach our goals sooner and also help us create a healthy lifestyle rather than a diet or workout programme that comes to an end.
'If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up.'
I've been there so many times when I've fallen off track with my workouts and healthy eating. It's so much hard to start again then it is to just keep going, and again, routine helps us to keep going.
So how can you create the best fitness routine so it becomes a lifestyle and you stop having to start again!
Here are my 5 top tips...
- Set your workout time - Figure out when it is best for you to workout within your day and stick to that time. Maybe its early morning or in the evening. Maybe its when the kids nap in the afternoon or a quick one in your lunch hour. Whenever it may be, find a time to do your workout and stick to it. Put it in your diary and calendar and let people know that you're unavailable at that time. This way even if you're not motivated you're in the habit of working out so you should get to a point where, because its your routine, it's a bit odd when you don't do it.
- Prepare what you need - Set your clothes out the night before, pack your gym bag, fill up your water bottle and put it in the fridge. Make sure you have everything in place and ready for your workout so it makes your new routine easy to get into.
- Set a reminder - In the beginning, set a reminder on you phone 15 minutes before your workout. This way you'll be ready before your workout time and it will help you get into the routine of keeping your workout at the same time daily.
- Know what you're doing - Whether its an online workout or a class or the gym, know what workout you are doing. You don't want to be faffing and wasting your workout time. when you don't know what you're doing it's going to have an effect on your motivation to workout.
- Give yourself plenty of time - Make sure you factor in showering and getting changed before and/or after your workout. You're not going to want to keep your workout routine if you're constantly rushing around after to try and get ready for work. give yourself plenty of time so you know you can get a great workout and feel great for the rest of your day!
If you're looking for workouts that you can just press play on or a structure of a 30 day plan then why not start your 7 day free trial of Sweet Petite Fitness on Demand.