5 simple ways to practice self-care
Self-care is hugely important and should be in balance with your fitness and nutrition. We can often be mislead in thinking that we have to spend lots of time to unwind and practice self-care but it can be implemented easily and within our everyday routines.
Here's 5 simple ways to practice self-care
- Spend a few quiet moments as soon as you wake up - Simply sitting up in bed and taking a few deep breaths when all is calm and quiet can do wonders to help you start your day in the right way!
- Read a book - This one I used to struggle with as I always thought that I needed a good chunk of time to sit and read a book, when in fact I have found that just reading even a paragraph or 2 every evening is a great way to switch off.
- Write a list - When out mind feels busy and overwhelmed there's nothing quite like a good list to put things into perspective. I often find then when I've written a list I realise half the stuff I thought I had to do wasn't necessary or could be done quickly and crossed off.
- Make a list of activities you enjoy or that relax you - This will become you go-to list when you need a little bit of you-time.
- Have a Technology free hour - Today we are surrounded by so many screens. when you can take a full hour when you're not on your phone, laptop, watching TV etc. Try this first thing in the morning and last thing at night if you can.
Sweet Petite Fitness on Demand is full of mini meditations, mindful colouring sheets, yoga and more to help you stay fit, healthy and mindful! Why not try a 7 day Free trial and see what you think?