5 Ways to Get Yourself Up in the Mornings!
I hate morning workouts, but it really is the best time for me to get it done and it makes me feel soooo much better for the rest of the day. It’s always a struggle to get up if you’re not a morning person or you’re just feeling unmotivated. I want to be honest and say that it doesn’t get any easier, sorry, but there are ways you can get yourself up and going and I’m going to give you 5 things you can implement that makes it easier for me to get up in the morning…
- Create routine – I find it so much easier to get up in the morning if my bedtime and wake up time remain the same for the week. It sets my body clock and helps me to naturally wake up and get going. I also have a bedtime and morning routine which means I get a better night’s sleep and a better flow to my morning.
- The 5 second rule – If you haven’t read the 5 second rule by Mel Robbins I urge you to. It’s something that you can apply to anything that you find challenging, don’t want to do or usually procrastinate doing. In this situation simply count 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 as soon as the alarm goes off. As soon as you get to 1 get up and out of bed!
- Move your alarm – If the previous tool doesn’t work then make sure your alarm is on the other side of the room, so you have to get up out of bed to switch it off!
- Get prepared – Make sure you have everything set up, so your workout is easy to do. Set your clothes out or pack your gym bag the night before. Have your water bottle filled up and ready to go. Make your life easier.
- Always think about your why – If you’re having a day when it’s really hard to get up think about why you’re committed to that workout, what it will bring to your life, how you feel if you do it and how you will feel if you don’t.
And if your mantra is ‘I’m not a morning person’ change it to ‘I’m not a morning person, yet!’