The best ways to stay on track in Summer Heat…
The last thing you want to do in the blistering heat of summer is to workout and get even sweatier, right?
Regardless of what country you are in if it’s hot just lifting an arm can cause you to sweat let alone a full-blown workout.
But summer is usually the time we let things slip and skip workouts and generally go off track, this means it’s harder to get back into the rhythm of things when summer is over, and, dare I say it, harder to lose those gained summer pounds in for Christmas!
Here’s a list of things you can do to help you stay on track in the summer…
- Workout early in the day – It should be easier to get up in the summer with lighter mornings, plus it’s cooler so you can workout with a normal amount of workout sweat rather then struggles through a workout with sky high temperatures. It also means your workout is done and dusted for the day so you can relax and enjoy the rest of the day in the sunshine.
- Find the coolest room I the house or an air conditioned gym/studio. Sounds like common sense but when it’s hot you can forget how cool it can be in air conditioned rooms and how ‘normal’ it can feel to workout. It’s only after the workout when you get outside that it’ll hit you!
- Prepare with fluids and fuel – If you’re doing a workout in the heat, maybe an outdoor bootcamp or a run, make sure you’re prepared before during and after the workout. Drink plenty of water so you’re hydrated before exercise and try adding a product with electrolytes to replenish your body. It doesn’t have to be a fancy product, in fact coconut water will do fine. You may also want an ice lolly ready to cool you down! -p.s. avoid ice creams so you’re not adding the calories you’ve just lost back on!
- Avoid the hottest part of the day – I don’t really need to explain this?!
- Change to a water-based activity like aqua aerobics or swimming.
- Still too hot to stay one track? – Then get on point with your nutrition. Nearly 70% of weight loss is down to fuelling your body in the right way so make the most of healthy salads and fruit in the hotter weather!
p.s. there's over 150 mini and longer workouts session in the Sweet Petite Fitness on demand membership site. Start you 7 day free trial and follow the kickstart 7 day plan for free TODAY! https://www.sweetpetitefitness.co.uk/spfonlinemembership